health & safety & covid-19 travel protocol
covid 19 travel protocol
From 1st June 2022 there are NO SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS
Q1: What are the requirements for entry into the country?
There are no restrictions for entry into the country.
Q2: What documentation is necessary for traveling to Cyprus?
Only normal travel documents are required (identification and airplane boarding card).
It is important you check the travel requirements on the official government link below before making travel plans and also before you commence your travel.
health & safety at the course
We will take all precautions to ensure this is a covid-safe event.
- We have secured very large meeting rooms that allow physical distancing between participants. Density limits have been set by the university.
- Surfaces will be disinfected periodically throughout the course.
- Breaks will be encouraged outside to allow maximum air flow.
- Liquid hand santiser stations will be available at multiple points.
The weather will be warm so outdoor breaks will be encouraged.
Seats blocked to allow physical distancing between participants.
I’m feeling unwell on the day I am to travel to the course, what do I do?
If you are feeling unwell or displaying any symptoms of COVID 19 (this includes fever, cough, sore throat and/or flu like symptoms), please do not, under any circumstances, attend veptc 2022. If you are unable to attend the event, please contact the team at info[at]meeting-makers.com and consider participating in the virtual program instead.
I'm at the course and start to feel ill, what should I do?
If at any point during the event you start to display any COVID 19 symptoms, however mild, please keep away from other attendees and seek assistance from Rania or a member of the organising committee immediately.
How can I ensure the wellbeing of myself and other attendees?
- Wash or sanitise hands regularly, especially after coming in contact with objects that have been handled by others eg door handles. There will be hand sanitiser available in various locations throughout the venue, but we encourage you to also bring a small bottle with you.
- We ask that all attendees follow the directional marking on the ground when waiting to register and stand 2 metres behind the person in front of you.
- If possible stand 1.5 - 2 metres behind the person in front of you when waiting at the breaks.
- Wear a face mask if possible.
We encourage ‘non-contact’ greetings such as elbow bumps.
What happens if veptc 2022 is cancelled?
The safety of our attendees is our number one priority. At this time, we have no reason to believe that veptc 2022 will be cancelled. We believe COVID-19 will be an ongoing health and safety concern that will be managed with informed measures. Should circumstances no longer allow for a safe in-person experience in Cyprus, the event will be fully virtual. This is very unlikely.