Abstract Preparation Instructions
Closing Date 31st July 2020
We invite abstracts within the topics of "Variant Effect Prediction" for both fast forward and poster presentation by the closing date of 31st July 2021.
As this is a training course there is no time in the program to accept oral presentations from abstracts. Accepted abstracts will be accepted as either posters or "fast forward" presentations.
Accepted Posters will submit their poster as a PDF file that will be loaded onto the platform. There will be no opportunity to present however other delegates who view your poster may contact you about it.
Fast Forward Presentations
Accepted Fast Forward presentations will submit their a poster as a PDF file that will be loaded onto the platform. They will also submit a 2 minute pre-recorded video that will be loaded onto the platform for on-demand viewing and also played during a scheduled time in the program.
Please follow the instructions for preparation of your abstract and submission below.
Instructions for Authors
1. Authors of research papers who wish to have their abstracts considered for inclusion in the scientific programs must submit their abstract via EMAIL to info (at) meeting-makers.com having regard to the closing dates in the Call for Abstracts and on the Abstract submission site. Abstracts submitted after the closing date will not be considered.
2. The detailed formatting instructions below must be followed for the abstract to appear in the program e-book.
3. The acceptance, timing, presentation and discussion of all papers and posters is at the discretion of the Organising Committee. Notification of the timing of presentations will appear in correspondence sent to all successful authors.
4. AUTHORS MUST BE FULLY REGISTERED FOR THE MEETING BY 15th August 2021. FOR THEIR ABSTRACT TO APPEAR IN THE PUBLICATIONS. We DO NOT publish absracts from anyone not fully registered or attending the Course.
Please download the formatting instructions and prepare your abstract before submitting it.
3 steps to sucessful abstract submission:
- Save your file with your surname followed by your first name initial, e.g. Gregor Mendel's abstract would be saved as mendelG. Please DO NOT name your abstract "variant abstract", "abstract" , VEPTC abstract etc.
- EMAIL your abstract as a word file to Rania - info (at) meeting-makers.com. Make sure to include a small cover letter such as "I wish to submit this abstract for the VEPTC". Rania receives abstracts for many meetings so it is important you say which one. Emails received with no cover letter will be treated as viruses and not be opened.
- Expect a reply that the abstract was received within 3 days (usually one day). If you do not receive a reply, please send it again. Please do not expect an immediate response, as a human being will answer not a computer auto mail.