Who will attend?
The expected participants are all interpreting DNA variants on a regular basis, professionally, at clinical diagnostic and research labs, and generally speaking, people working with and interpreting DNA. Therefore any products or technologies for molecular genetics and diagnostic labs would be most appropriate to be showcased at this event. We are especially looking for companies to host workshops showcasing their Genome informatics tools; due to limitations in the program these are extremely limited.
Why partner with the VEPTC?
This is a time of great uncertainty for industries across the world. The Variant Effect Prediction Training Course has a proven track record and provides a unique opportunity for companies to provide product training in genome informatics tools and showcase genomics products to a growing market in Spain and nearby countries.
At the VEPTC we gather influencers and key desicion makers from molecular genetics labs interpreting variants on a daily basis. This is a wonderful opportunity to showcase your products to the people who use them by providing product training in the form of a workshop, a company lecture, an exhibition booth or a combination of these. We provide ample opportunity for Networking to generate leads in the breaks, poster session and the Welcome Function.
How can you participate?
- Trade displays
- Product Training within the program (extremely limited)
- Company lectures within the program (limited to two)
- Exclusive sponsorship of name badges/lanyards (one only)
- Post-Event Slide Portal (one only)
- Advertising in the programme booklet (limited)
- Satchel Inserts
- Combination packages to suit you
- & more...
- got another idea? Please contact us to discuss.
*Very limited opportunities for product training during the program are available. Secure your place now.
Topics to be covered in the course
- Variants in the genome, position & possible consequences
- Next Generation Sequencing limitations: sequencing technologies / calling variants
- HGVS Nomenclature; describing variants
- Human Phenotype Ontology (HPO)
- Ensembl Genome Browser
- UCSC Genome Browser
- Variant Effect Predictor
- Variant Annotation Integrator
- General variant databases: OMIM, dbSNP, ExAC etc.
- Locus Specific Databases
- DNA diagnostics = sharing data
- Potential Consequences on the RNA Level
- Potential Consequences on the Protein Level
- RNA Prediction Tools
- Protein Prediction Tools
- Functional Testing: options of functional testing for candidate variants
- Variant Classification: ACMG recommendations
- Copy Number Variants (CNVs from WES)
- NGS in Diagnostics: where things can go wrong
- Leiden Open Variation Database (LOVD)
- Classification in multifactorial disease
- Whole Exome Sequecing Analysis
- Future Developments
- Commercial packages
- & more...
Connect with us so we can tailor a package for you
Please contact us to request a detailed Sponsorship and Exhibiton Prospectus and to discuss how we can work together to help acheive your goals.